SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

30 May 2012

Lord of the Dance



I danced in the morning when the world was begun,
And I danced on the moon and the stars and the sun.
I came down from Heaven and I danced on the earth,
At Bethlehem I had my birth.

Refrain:
'Dance, then, wherever you may be!
I am the Lord of the Dance' said he.
'And I'll lead you all, wherever you may be
And I'll lead you all in the Dance' said He.
I danced for the scribe and the Pharisee,
But they would not dance and they would not follow me;
I danced for the fishermen, for James and John;
They came with me and the Dance went on.

I danced on the Sabbath and I cured the lame;
The holy people said it was a shame.
They whipped and they stripped and they hung me on high
And left me there on the cross to die.

I danced on a Friday when the sky turned black
It's hard to dance with the Devil on your back
They buried my body and they thought I'd gone
But I am the Dance and I still go on.

'They cut me down and I leapt up high:
I am the life that will never, never die!
I'll live in you if you live in me;
I am the Lord of the Dance' said He.

Composer: Sydney Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment