SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

26 April 2014

This Is The Feast of Victory



Refrain:

This is the feast of victory for our God.
Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
Worthy is Christ, the Lamb who was slain,
Whose blood set us free to be people of God? (Refrain)

Power, riches and wisdom and strength,
And honor and blessing and glory are his. (Refrain)

Sing with all the people of God
And join in the hymn of all creation. (Refrain)

Blessing and honor and glory and might
Be to God and the Lamb forever. Amen. (Refrain)

For the Lamb who was slain
has begun his reign. Alleluia. (Refrain)

Text: based on Revelation 5. Text (c) Copyright 1978 Lutheran Book of Worship
Tune: FESTIVAL CANTICLE, Irr. By Richard Hillert (1975).

8 comments:

  1. This is a beatiful song! I love when we sing it at Church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss this song, we used to sing it all the time at my church. Then the church became modern and stopped using the hymnals. This is my favorite, I'm glad I didn't forget it completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow… that’s very sad, o don’t really like when churches go modern, I miss the traditional church, but there are still more traditional churches than modern and I’m glad with that, I am blessed to have a traditional church that I love.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your site! I serve as a cantor at one of the churches in my city, and for some reason, the principal organist never likes going through the services for the mass. I'm always looking for study aids and resources - this has helped greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes- I agree with the above.
    I am also a cantor and I'm always looking on YouTube for quality interpretations of hymns when I need help - not someone at their Hammond organ in their living room ;-) This is great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, but do you have a streaming license? I don't see any indication that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tears streaming down my face. I live this song! All praise and honor and glory be to our God and Father in heaven and to the Lamb that was slain forever and ever!!! Amen.

    ReplyDelete