SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

02 June 2010

Fire of God, Undying Flame







Fire of God, undying flame,
Spirit who in splendor came,
let your heat my soul refine,
till it glows with love divine.

Breath of God, that swept in power
in the Pentecostal hour,
holy Breath, be now in me
source of vital energy.

Strength of God, your might within
conquers sorrow, pain and sin.
Fortify from evil's art
all the gateways of my heart.

Truth of God, your piercing rays
penetrate my secret ways.
May the light that shames my sin
guide me holier paths to win.

Love of God, your grace profound
knows not either age or bound.
Come, my heart's own guest to be;
dwell forevermore in me.

Words: Albert F. Bayly (1901-1984)
Tune: NUN KOMM DER HEIDEN HEILAND 77.77

No comments:

Post a Comment