SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

25 September 2010

I Love Thy Kingdom, Lord





I love thy kingdom, Lord,
the house of thine abode,
the church our blest Redeemer saved
with his own precious blood.

I love thy church, O God!
Her walls before thee stand
dear as the apple of thine eye,
and graven on thy hand.

For her my tears shall fall,
for her my prayers ascend,
to her my cares and toils be given,
till toils and cares shall end.

Beyond my highest joy
I prize her heavenly ways,
her sweet communion, solemn vows,
her hymns of love and praise.

Sure as thy truth shall last,
to Zion shall be given
the brightest glories earth can yield,
and brighter bliss of heaven.

Text: Timothy Dwight (1801)
Tune: ST. THOMAS, SM, by Aaron Williams, The New Universal Psalmist, 1770

No comments:

Post a Comment