SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

18 September 2010

'Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus







'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
and to take him at his word;
just to rest upon his promise,
and to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him!
How I've proved him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust him more!
O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
just to trust his cleansing blood;
and in simple faith to plunge me
neath the healing, cleansing flood! (Refrain)

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
just from sin and self to cease;
just from Jesus simply taking
life and rest, and joy and peace. (Refrain)

I'm so glad I learned to trust thee,
precious Jesus, Savior, friend;
and I know that thou art with me,
wilt be with me to the end. (Refrain)

Text: Louisa M. R. Stead (1882)
Music: William J. Kirkpatrick (1882)

No comments:

Post a Comment