SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

04 July 2013

Come to me (Gregory Norbet)



Refrain
Come to me all who labour and are heavy burdened,
And I shall give you rest.
Take up my yoke and learn from me,
For I am meek and humble of heart.
And you’ll find rest for your souls,
Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
1. The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall never be in need,
Fresh and green are the meadows where he gives me rest.

2. Beside peaceful waters you restore my true self;
There you lead me to walk in the path of new life.

3. Should I be surrounded by the shadows of death,
I will not fear, for you are steadfast in your love.

4. Before my deep hunger you spread out your feast.
My skin you anoint with the richest oil.

5. Pursue me, O God, with your fathomless love,
In your tent let me dwell all the days of my life.

Text: Paraphrase of Psalm 23
Composer: Gregory Norbet (1971, revised text 1994)

See my other blog postings in the Contemporary Catholic series.

No comments:

Post a Comment