SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

09 July 2013

The King of Love My Shepherd Is (Tune: ST. COLUMBA)





See also: The King of Love My Shepherd Is (Tune: DOMINUS REGIT ME)

The King of love my shepherd is,
whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am his,
and he is mine for ever.

Where streams of living water flow,
my ransomed soul he leadeth,
and where the verdant pastures grow,
with food celestial feedeth.

Perverse and foolish oft I strayed,
but yet in love He sought me,
and on his shoulder gently laid,
and home, rejoicing, brought me.

In death's dark vale I fear no ill
with thee, dear Lord, beside me;
thy rod and staff my comfort still,
thy cross before to guide me.

Thou spread'st a table in my sight;
thy unction grace bestoweth;
and O what transport of delight
from thy pure chalice floweth!

And so through all the length of days
thy goodness faileth never:
Good Shepherd, may I sing thy praise
within thy house for ever.

Paraphrase of Psalm 23

See also: The King of Love My Shepherd Is (Tune: DOMINUS REGIT ME)

Text: Henry Williams Baker, 1868
Tune: ST. COLUMBA 87.87

No comments:

Post a Comment