SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

23 February 2013

Eat This Bread (Taizé)









Refrain:
Eat this bread; drink this cup.
Come to me and never be hungry.
Eat this bread; drink this cup.
Trust in me and you will not thirst.
 1. I am the bread of life, the true bread sent from the Father.

2. Your ancestors ate manna in the desert, but this is the bread come down from heaven. 

3. Eat my flesh and drink my blood, and I will raise you up on the last day. 

4. Anyone who eats this bread, will live forever. 

5. If you believe and eat this bread, you will have eternal life. 

See also alternate English version: Jesus Christ, Bread of Life

Music: Jacques Berthier (English bio) (French bio)

See my other blog postings in the "Taizé" series of chants.

Official Taizé Community Website

Wikipedia information on the Taizé Community
- in French
- in English

No comments:

Post a Comment