SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

22 February 2013

Stay With Me (Taizé)








Stay with me, remain here with me.
Watch and pray,
watch and pray.

Verses:
1. Stay here and keep watch with me. Watch and pray, watch and pray!
2. Watch and pray not to give way to temptation.
3. The spirit is eager, but the flesh is weak.
4. My heart is nearly broken with sorrow. Remain here with me, stay awake and pray.
5. Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass me by.
6. Father, if this cannot pass me by without my drinking it, your will be done.

See also: the original (German) version: Bleibet hier

See my other blog postings in the "Taizé" series of chants.

Music: Jacques Berthier (English bio) (French bio)

Official Taizé Community Website

Wikipedia information on the Taizé Community
- in French
- in English

No comments:

Post a Comment