SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

20 March 2010

I Heard The Voice of Jesus Say (England)









I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say
I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Come unto Me and rest;
Lay down, thou weary one, lay down,
Thy head upon My breast."
I came to Jesus as I was,
Weary and worn and sad;
I found in Him a resting-place,
And He has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Behold, I freely give
The living water; thirsty one,
Stoop down and drink and live."
I came to Jesus, and I drank
Of that life-giving stream.
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
And now I live in Him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"I am this dark world's Light.
Look unto Me; thy morn shall rise
And all thy day be bright."
I looked to Jesus, and I found
In Him my Star, my Sun;
And in that Light of Life I'll walk
Till traveling days are done.

Words: Horatius Bonar (1808-1899)
Music: KINGSFOLD CMD, Traditional English folk tune harm. Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958)

No comments:

Post a Comment