SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

29 March 2010

Jesus Keep Me Near The Cross (USA)





Jesus, keep me near the cross;
there a precious fountain,
free to all, a healing stream,
flows from Calvary's mountain.

Refrain:

In the cross, in the cross,
be my glory ever,
till my raptured soul shall find
rest beyond the river.
Near the cross, a trembling soul,
love and mercy found me;
there the bright and morning star
sheds its beams around me. (Refrain)

Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
bring its scenes before me;
help me walk from day to day
with its shadow o'er me. (Refrain)

Near the cross I'll watch and wait,
hoping, trusting ever,
till I reach the golden strand
just beyond the river. (Refrain)

Text: Fanny J. Crosby, 1820-1915
Music: NEAR THE CROSS, 76.76+Refrain William H. Doane, 1832-1915

No comments:

Post a Comment