SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

22 April 2010

Psalm 23: My Shepherd is the Lord (Gelineau)




Antiphon: My shepherd is the Lord, nothing indeed shall I want.

The Lord is my shepherd;
there is nothing I shall want.
Fresh and green are the pastures
where you give me repose.
Near restful waters you lead me,
to revive my drooping spirit. (Antiphon)

You guide me along the right path;
you are true to your name.
If I should walk in the valley of darkness
no evil would I fear.
You are there with your crook and your staff;
with these you give me comfort. (Antiphon)

You have prepared a banquet for me
in the sight of my foes.
My head you have anointed with oil;
my cup is overflowing. (Antiphon)

Surely goodness and kindness shall follow me
all the days of my life.
In the Lord's own house shall I dwell
for ever and ever. (Antiphon)

Words: Psalm 23 (Dominus regit me), English translation by The Grail (1963)
Music: Joseph Gelineau (1920-2008)

See my other blog postings in the Contemporary Catholic series.

1 comment: