SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

17 August 2010

Jesus! The Name Higher Over All

TUNE: LYDIA


TUNE: GRÄFENBERG


Jesus! the name high over all,
in hell or earth or sky;
angels and mortals prostrate fall,
and devils fear and fly.

Jesus! the name to sinners dear,
the name to sinners given;
it scatters all their guilty fear,
it turns their hell to heaven.

O that the world might taste and see
the riches of his grace!
The arms of love that compass me
would all the world embrace.

Thee I shall constantly proclaim,
though earth and hell oppose;
bold to confess thy glorious name
before a world of foes.

His only righteousness I show,
his saving truth proclaim;
'tis all my business here below
to cry, "Behold the Lamb!"

Happy, if with my latest breath
I may but gasp his name,
preach him to all and cry in death,
"Behold, behold the Lamb!"

Paraphrase of Phil 2:9-11

Words: Charles Wesley (1749)
Tune: GRÄFENBERG, CM or LYDIA, CM

No comments:

Post a Comment