SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

08 August 2010

The Lord's My Shepherd, I'll Not Want (Psalm 23)





The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want.
he makes me down to lie
in pastures green; he leadeth me
the quiet waters by.

My soul he doth restore again;
and me to walk doth make
within the paths of righteousness,
even for his own Name's sake.

Yea, though I walk in death's dark vale,
yet will I fear no ill;
for thou art with me; and thy rod
and staff my comfort still.

My table thou hast furnished
in presence of my foes;
my head thou dost with oil anoint,
and my cup overflows.

Goodness and mercy all my life
shall surely follow me;
and in God's house forevermore
my dwelling place shall be.

Paraphrase of Psalm 23

Words: Francis Rowe (1650)
Tune: Crimond, CM

No comments:

Post a Comment