SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

08 August 2010

Lord, Speak To Me





1. Lord, speak to me, that I may speak
in living echoes of thy tone;
as thou has sought, so let me seek
thine erring children lost and lone.

2. O strengthen me, that while I stand
firm on the rock, and strong in thee,
I may stretch out a loving land
to wrestlers with the troubled sea.

3. O teach me, Lord, that I may teach
the precious things thou dost impart;
and wing my words, that they may reach
the hidden depths of many a heart.

4. O fill me with thy fullness, Lord,
until my very heart o'erflow
in kindling thought and glowing word,
thy love to tell, thy praise to show.

5. O use me, Lord, use even me,
just as thou wilt, and when, and where,
until thy blessed face I see,
thy rest, thy joy, thy glory share.

Text: Frances R. Havergal (1872)
Tune: CANONBURY, LM (1st video only)

No comments:

Post a Comment