SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

06 August 2010

Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah






Guide me, O thou great Jehovah,
pilgrim through this barren land.
I am weak, but thou art mighty;
hold me with thy powerful hand.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven,
feed me till I want no more;
feed me till I want no more.

Open now the crystal fountain,
whence the healing stream doth flow;
let the fire and cloudy pillar
lead me all my journey through.
Strong deliverer, strong deliverer,
be thou still my strength and shield;
be thou still my strength and shield.

When I tread the verge of Jordan,
bid my anxious fears subside;
death of death and hell's destruction,
land me safe on Canaan's side.
Songs of praises, songs of praises,
I will ever give to thee;
I will ever give to thee.

Text: Arglwydd, arwain trwy’r anialwch, by William Williams (1745), tr. Peter Williams (1771)
Tune: CWM RHONDDA, 87.87.87, by John Hughes (1907)

No comments:

Post a Comment