SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

09 July 2010

My God, My God, O Why Have You Abandoned Me? (Psalm 22) [Marty Haugen]



Antiphon:

My God, my God,
O why have you abandoned me?
All who see me laugh at me,
they mock me and they shake their heads:
"He relied on the Lord,
let the Lord be his refuge." (Antiphon)

As dogs around me,
they circle me about.
Wounded me and pierced me,
I can number all my bones. (Antiphon)

My clothing they divided,
for my garments casting lots,
O Lord, do not desert me,
but hasten to my aid. (Antiphon)

I will praise you to my people,
and proclaim you in their midst,
O fear the Lord, my people,
give glory to God's name. (Antiphon)

Paraphrase of Psalm 22

Composer: Marty Haugen (1983)

See my other blog postings in the Contemporary Catholic series.

1 comment: