SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

06 July 2010

God of Mercy and Compassion





God of mercy and compassion,
Look with pity upon me;
Father, let me call thee Father,
"Tis thy child returns to thee.

Refrain:
Jesus Lord, I ask for mercy;
Let me not implore in vain;
All my sins I now detest them,
Never will I sin again.
By my sins I have deserved,
Death and endless misery;
Hell with all its pains and torments
And for all eternity. (Refrain)

By my sins I have abandoned
Right and claim to heaven above,
Where the saints rejoice forever,
In a boundless sea of love. (Refrain)

See our Saviour, bleeding, dying,
On the cross of Calvary;
To that cross my sins have nail'd him,
Yet he bleeds and dies for me. (Refrain)

Text: Au sang qu'um Dieu, trans. E. Vaughan (1827-1908)
Tune: French Melody, adapt. from G.B. Pergolesi (d.1736)

No comments:

Post a Comment