SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

22 April 2013

Take and eat (Michael Joncas)



Refrain: 
Take and eat; take and eat: 
this is my body given up for you. 
Take and drink; take and drink: 
this is my blood given up for you.
1. I am the Word that spoke and light was made;
I am the seed that died to be re-born;
I am the bread that comes from heaven above;
I am the vine that fills your cup with joy.

2. I am the way that leads the exile home;
I am the truth that sets the captive free;
I am the life that raises up the dead;
I am your peace, true peace my gift to you.

3. I am the Lamb that takes away your sin;
I am the gate that guards you night and day;
You are my flock; you know the shepherd's voice;
You are my own; your ransom is my blood.

Composer:  Jan Michael Joncas

See my other blog postings in the Contemporary Catholic series.

No comments:

Post a Comment