SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

30 April 2013

The Lord is my Light (John Foley)



Refrain:
The Lord is my light the Lord is my shield,
Praise the Lord and the love He reveals:
Safe journey shelter and home,
Safe in the Lord alone!
1. Hear O Lord my cry to You.
Turn not away for You are my light,
Turn not Your face from me.

2. Seek Your face You said O Lord:
My Heart says to You,
Your face Lord I seek.
Hide not your face from me.

3. Wait for the Lord
and let your heart be strong.
Wait for the Lord!


Composer: John Foley

See my other blog postings in the Contemporary Catholic series

1 comment:

  1. This song just came into my mind while at Eucharistic Adoration. From the 1970’s to now in 2023 I have not heard it. Amazing how our God works for us.

    ReplyDelete