SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

20 February 2010

Here I Am, Lord (Dan Schutte)









I, the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save.
I, who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear my light to them?
Whom shall I send?

Refrain:

Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.
I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have borne my people’s pain.
I have wept for love of them.
They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak my words to them.
Whom shall I send? (Refrain)

I, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will send the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them.
My hand will save.
Finest bread I will provide,
'Til their hearts be satisfied.
I will give my life to them.
Whom shall I send? (Refrain)

Paraphrase of Isaiah 6:8 and 1 Samuel 3.

Composer: Dan Schutte (1981).

See my other blog postings in the Contemporary Catholic series.

No comments:

Post a Comment