SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

28 February 2010

Said Judas to Mary (Judas and Mary)









Said Judas to Mary now what will you do
With your ointment so rich and so rare?
I'll pour it all over the feet of the Lord
And I'll wipe it away with my hair, she said,
I'll wipe it away with my hair

O Mary o Mary, O think of the poor,
This ointment it could have been sold
And think of the blankets and think of the bread
You could buy with the silver and gold he said
You could buy with the silver and gold

Tomorrow tomorrow I'll think of the poor
Tomorrow she said not today
For dearer than all of the poor in the world
Is my love who is going away she said
My love who is going away

Said Jesus to Mary,
"Your love is so deep,
Today you may do as you will.
Tomorrow you say
I am going away,
But my body I leave with you still," He said,
"My body I leave with you still."

"The poor of the world
Are my body," He said
"To the end of the world they shall be.
The bread and the blankets
You give to the poor
You'll know you have given to me," He said,
"You'll know you have given to me."

"My body will hang
On the cross of the world,
Tomorrow," He said, "Not today.
And Martha and Mary
Will find me again
And wash all the sorrow away," He said,
"And wash all the sorrow away.

Composer: Sydney Carter (1964)

No comments:

Post a Comment