SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

26 May 2013

All That I Am / Magnificat (David Haas)



Refrain:
All that I am sings of the God who brings new life to birth in me.
My spirit soars on the wings of my Lord.
1. My soul gives glory to the Lord, rejoicing in my saving God,
who looks upon me in my state, and all the world will call me blest;
For God works marvels in my sight, and holy, holy is God's name.

2. God's mercy is from age to age, on those who follow in fear;
Whose arm is power and strength, and scatters all the proud of heart;
Who casts the mighty from their thrones and raises up the lowly ones!

3. God fills the starving with good things, the rich are left with empty hands;
Protecting all the faithful ones, remembering Israel with mercy,
the promise known to those before and to their children for ever!

Composer: David Haas

See my other blog postings in the Contemporary Catholic series.

No comments:

Post a Comment