SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

13 May 2013

Holy is his name / Magnificat (John Michael Talbot)







1. My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
and my spirit exalts in God my Savior.
For he has looked with mercy on my lowliness,
and my name will be forever exalted.
For the mighty God has done great things for me,
and his mercy will reach from age to age.

Refrain
And holy, holy, holy is his name.


2. He has mercy in ev’ry generation.
He has revealed his power and his glory.
He has cast down the mighty in their arrogance,
and has lifted up the meek and the lowly.
He has come to help his servant Israel;
he remembers his promise to our fathers.

Text: Magnificat (Luke 1:46-55)
Music: John Michael Talbot (b. 1954)

See my other blog postings in the Contemporary Catholic series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment