SEARCH THIS BLOG

Looking for a particular song? Search this blog here:

26 May 2013

Love Never Fails (David Haas)





1. If I speak with the tongues of the earth, if the angels fill my mouth,
yet do not have love, I am but a sound.
If I prophesy and understand all things, if mountains shake by my faith,
without love I am nothing at all.

Refrain:
Love is patient; love is kind. Love rejoices in the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things, it hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails.
2. If I give away everything I own, give my body to be burned,
yet do not have love, I gain nothing more. Prophecies will cease;
tongues will be silent. Knowledge will be no more, the partial pass away.

3. When I was a child, I talked, thought, and live like a child.
But now that I have grown, I have put these things aside.
My knowledge is imperfect now, then I'll know as I am known:
that faith, hope and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.

Composer: David Haas (2001)

 See my other blog postings in the Contemporary Catholic series.

No comments:

Post a Comment